Our Purpose: To introduce children to Jesus Christ
by creating opportunities to serve through sports.
Registration begins September 1, 2018
Upward Basketball and Cheerleading is part of the primary and tween ministries specifically designed to promote character and self-esteem in every student. Upward's mission is to introduce children to Jesus Christ by creating opportunities to serve through sports. Through this ministry, every participant is shown that they are a WINNER.
- Ten weeks of practice
- First practice week is January 7, 2019
- Eight weeks of games
- First game is January 26, 2019
- Kindergarten through 4th grade games 10am – 2pm
- Full Court games 5th through 8th grade 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Concessions will be offered on game day
- Awards Night Celebration Monday, March 18, 2019
- Cheer Camp Saturday, January 5, 2019 10am – 12pm
Evaluation / Orientation Dates & Times
Every basketball player and cheerleader must attend one evaluation or cheer orientation.
- November 5th, 6th or 8th anytime between 6:00pm – 8:00pm in the GYM Kindergarten – 8th grade boys/girls
Cheerleaders will need to try on a uniform, estimated time five minutes. Cheerleaders will be notified by their coach by the middle of December telling them what day, time and squad they will be on.
Basketball players will need to try on a uniform, be measured, and run through six drills in the gym. Estimated time 15 minutes. Players will be notified what day, time and what team they're on by the middle of December.
Online registration can only be done on a desktop, laptop, or tablet.
Follow us for all the lastest news on Upward Sports!
For more information on Upward Sports, contact Regina Zoller.